.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, June 05, 2006

Saints Constantine and Helen Orthodox Church

Yesterday I attended Divine Liturgy at Saints Constantine and Helen Orthodox Church in Galveston.

The parish was celebrating its 110th anniversary.

It was the first Orthodox Church in Texas and is one of the oldest Orthodox Churches in the United States.

The parish has a very interesting history including: an original endowment and several donations of liturgical items from Tsar-Martyr Nicholas II and a reconsecration of the Church performed by Bishop Tikhon (who later became Patriarch of Moscow and is now commemorated as a Saint in the Russian Church) after the "Great Hurricane" 0f 1900.

More information on this parish can also be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home