.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Jason Boland and the Stragglers



More "Red Dirt" music. Last night I caught Jason Boland and the Stragglers over at Big Texas.

This concert was another in a series with Doug Moreland, Bleu Edmondson, Roger Creager and others yet to come.

The last concert I went to in this series was Stoney Larue. I thought that Stoney sounded a little like Willie at times. Well Jason Boland sounded a lot like a young Waylon throughout most of his show.

Very good show. Some of the highlights included covers of Steve Earle's The Devil's Right Hand, a few Waylon Jenning's songs and some of Boland's own hits including Hank, When I'm Stoned, Thunderbird Wine, Tennessee Whiskey, and Telephone Romeo.

Samples of some of Jason Boland's music can be found here and cds can be purchased here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home