.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

St. Nicholas Church at Tolmachy




This press release from the Moscow Patriarchate website details how the Vladimirskaya Icon of the Theotokos now resides in a functioning church located within the Tretyakov Gallery museum in Moscow.

The Church is named the Church of St. Nicholas at Tolmachy. Archpriest Nikolai Sokolov is the Rector assigned to the Church. The Church serves the spiritual needs of the staff of the Tretyakov museum and is also open to guests of the museum.

The article also relates how Patriarch Alexei II recently served Divine Liturgy at the Church.

A Russian language website for the Church of St. Nicholas at Tolmachy can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home