.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Old Quarter



When I was in Galveston the other day I stumbled across the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe while walking around the Strand.

The Old Quarter is owned by Rex "Wrecks" Bell and is a reincarnation of the original Old Quarter which was a well known folk club in downtown Houston during the 1970's. Wrecks also played bass in the Hemmer Ridge Mountain Boys which was Townes Van Zandt's touring band.

The Old Quarter regularly features concerts from some very good local musicians and you can also get Starbock beer there.

More information on Wrecks and the original Old Quarter in downtown Houston can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home