.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Merck Wins Vioxx Appeals

Merck won appeals in two significant Vioxx cases today.

Appeals Courts in New Jersey and Texas overturned multimillion dollar plaintiffs' verdicts in both cases.

This article from the New York Times has more details.

A press release from Merck can be read here.

A press release from the Lanier Law Firm regarding the Texas case can be read here.

The Opinion from the Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals can be read here.

The Opinion from the New Jersey Superior Court-Appellate Division can be read here.

More coverage from the WSJ Law Blog can be found here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home