.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Terry Allen


Photo Source


Last weekend I was able to hear Terry Allen in concert over at the Mucky Duck.

This article from the Houston Chronicle details Terry's recent projects.

Terry played two shows and was joined on stage by his son Bukka Allen and Richard Bowden.

I was only able to make the late show (and had to leave early) but it was still a pleasure to see one of Texas' legendary songwriters.

Terry played some "new" songs as well as a number of his most popular songs.

Some of the highlights included: "Amarillo Highway", "The Wolfman of Del Rio", "The Beautiful Waitress", "New Delhi Freight Train", "Buck Naked" (Terry explained that David Byrne wrote this song for a friend's funeral), "What of Alicia", "Peggy Legg", "Ourland", "Pedal Steal", "Yo Ho Ho", "Big Ol White Boys" and "I Love Germany".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home