.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Randy Weeks

"Randy Weeks is the number one most underrated songwriter in this country. He writes amazingly well crafted, beautifully melodic songs and delivers them with his own brand of laid back vocals and surfboard cool, very hip approach." - Lucinda Williams


This fact was confirmed for me after hearing Randy and his band play last night at the Mucky Duck.

What a great show!

I had missed Randy the last time he played at the Duck so I was determined to see him this time around. I had to brave some heavy rain and flooded streets to make it to the show but the effort was well worth it.

Randy was backed by a terrific band featuring Eric Danheim on lead guitar and Jack Saunders on bass. This was probably the loudest show I have ever heard at the Duck. Randy and Eric delivered some unbelievably smoking guitar riffs on a number of songs.

The Houston Press music blog has a good post that covers the details of the show.

I am still new to Randy's music so I picked up a copy of his first cd during intermission.

I definitely will be checking out the rest of his catalogue and will be sure not to miss his next show the Duck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home