.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, August 27, 2007

At the Continental

Photo Source

Over the weekend I was able to make it over to the Continental Club to see The Gougers perform.

They were opening for The Weary Boys who were performing their last show ever in Houston.

Before the show started I wandered next door to Sig's Lagoon and picked up this gem of a cd by Brennen Leigh. I had heard about this cd a couple of years ago but had never actually been able to find a copy before. It is a classic.

Back at the Continental I enjoyed a great set from The Gougers. It was definitely the loudest set I have ever heard them play.

The Weary Boys also put on a great show...and it went well with all the Lone Star. : )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home