.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Memorial Cross Marks Anniversary of Stalinist Purges



Photo Sources here and here

A 40-foot high memorial cross from Solovetsky Monastery has been installed outside of the new cathedral at Butovo.

The cross is part of the memorial observances of the 70th anniversary of the Stalinist purges.

This article has more details on the memorial services held at Butovo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home