.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, July 20, 2007

Gougers

Photo Source


Last night I saw the Gougers play at the Mucky Duck.

John Egan was the opening act and played a great set. I was really impressed with his voice and style of music. I hope to catch one of his own shows one of these days.

The Gougers current lineup included Lance Smith on lead guitar and John Silva on...well on a box actually. Not just any box mind you but one of these.

This band just keeps getting better every time I hear them. I thought the last show I saw them play at the Duck was the best I ever heard them sound. But last night's performance was even better.

This time I also had the added "bonus" of hearing Shane tell the audience some Chuck Norris jokes.

They should have a new cd coming out sometime in September or October.

Until then check their schedule and go see the Gougers when they come through your town.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home