.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Russian Paratroopers Day


Members of the Russian Airborne Troops take part in services marking the commemoration of the Prophet Elijah.

More details can be found here and here.

As one of the articles states:

'"We've had this tradition of celebrating the second of August together with the Russian Orthodox Church for five years now. And the major reason for this is that the Saint Elijah is considered to be the patron of the Russian paratroopers," explained Aleksandr Cherednik, Head of the VDV Press Office.'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home