.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, September 07, 2007

Breaking News: Mississippi Attorney Sentenced to 11 Years in Prison

Mississippi attorney Paul Minor has been sentenced to 11 years in prison and fined $2.75 million.

One of his co-defendants, former Judge John Whitfield, was sentenced to 9 years and two months in prison. The other co-defendant, former Judge Wes Teel, was sentenced to 5 years and 10 months in prison.

This article has the details.

The men were all convicted on charges of bribery and racketeering.

More information on the history of this case can be found in this post from the Overlawyered blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home