.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Vote on Asbestos Bill delayed until next year

This article states that the vote on the Asbestos Trust Fund Bill has been delayed until next year. The article quotes Sen. Arlen Specter as stating that Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist has pledged to bring the bill up for a vote early in 2006. The article mentions a crowded legislative calendar, full of pending Hurricane Relief legislation, spending bills and the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers, as well as a lack of support for the asbestos bill as reasons for the delay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home