.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Down at the Duck

Photo from www.chron.com

Last night I happened to catch Gerry O'Beirne performing at the Mucky Duck.

Gerry O'Beirne is a great guitar player, singer and songwriter from Ennis, County Clare, Ireland. He plays the both the six and twelve string guitar as well as a mean ukulele. That's right I said ukulele.

His best known songs are probably "Western Highway", "The Holy Ground", "The Shades of Gloria", and "Half Moon Bay". He has performed and worked with many other musicians involved in folk and traditional music styles.

His performance at the "Duck" was an entertaining show. He gave some good and often humorous insights into his songs and songwriting process. He is really a very accomplished guitarist and showed off his skillful playing on several pieces. My favorite songs were a few tunes he played on the ukulele that he said he recently had to learn to play for a Ceili for some Irish dancers.

You can purchase a copy of "Half Moon Bay" his solo cd here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home