.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, October 07, 2005

Chances for Asbestos Vote Slipping Away?



It is becoming increasingly doubtful that a vote on the proposed Asbestos Trust Fund Bill will be held this month. The measure was originally scheduled to be voted on by the full senate at some point in October. With the upcoming Hearings on Harriet Miers and pending legislation related to Hurricane Katrina this bill is simply no longer a major priority.

Still Senators Leahy and Specter are going through the motions. As this article details they are asking their fellow Senators to begin submitting any potential amendments to the bill.

Even if it is brought up for a vote, however, there are still several opponents to the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home