.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, October 03, 2005

The Supremes

Photo from www.ap.org
Today was a busy day for anyone following the United States Supreme Court.

First John Roberts was sworn in as the new Chief Justice. Here is a link to a video of the swearing-in ceremony.


Then later Harriet Miers was nominated by President Bush to fill the seat being vacated by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

One point of interest is that Justice O'Connor is still serving on the Court until her replacement has been approved. She was present today during the Court's first session this term.


More information on news relating to the Supreme Court can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home