.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

More on the Merck Vioxx emails

Here is another article on some of the contents of the internal Merck emails regarding Vioxx.

These emails played a prominent role in the first Vioxx trial in Texas and have also been shown to the jury in the ongoing New Jersey trial.

Here is a brief excerpt on some of the contents of the emails:

"In a video deposition, ex-Merck research chief Edward Scolnick was asked by a lawyer for plaintiff Frederick Humeston, a Vioxx user who blames the painkiller for his 2001 heart attack, about e-mails he wrote confessing his concerns about the drug's safety.

"My worry quotient is high," he wrote in an April 2000 e-mail. "I am actually in minor agony."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home