.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Third Vioxx Trial Delayed

The third scheduled Vioxx trial has been delayed. This article states that the trial, originally scheduled to start October 24th, has been delayed possibly up to six months.

The victorious attorney in the first Vioxx trial Mark Lanier is also the plaintiffs attorney for this scheduled trial in Edinburg in Hidalgo County, Texas.

The article quotes Lanier as stating that:

"I'm going to get more damages in the Guerra case than they did in the Ernst case...I want Merck to see that Ernst was a conservative verdict. I'm going to spank them hard."

This delay means that the next Vioxx case to go to trial will likely be one of the Federal lawsuits which will now be tried in Houston due to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home