.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Federal Vioxx Cases will move to Houston



Over 1,800 Vioxx cases being coordinated in the United States District Court in New Orleans are being moved to the U.S. District Court in Houston due to the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina.

The Judge overseeing the cases and several members of his staff have already been relocated into temporary office space in the Houston Federal Court Building. The first of the Federal cases is scheduled to go to trial starting November 28th.

Congress will now have to consider special legislation to allow the Eastern District of Louisiana to hold it's trials in another jurisdiction and location.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home