.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dangerous Diabetes Drug?

Photo from www.forbes.com

This article details the recent findings of a report published in the Journal of the American Medical Association which links the diabetes drug Pargluva (muraglitazar) to an increased risk of heart attacks and strokes. The drug is being co-developed by Bristol-Myers Squibb and Merck. The drug has been pending approval by the FDA. It was already given preliminary approval by the FDA last month but now the FDA is asking for more data on clinical trials.

Here is an editorial from the Journal of the American Medical Association on Pargluva and the FDA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home