.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, October 23, 2005

From the Fathers

"When someone struggles against the exercise of sin and begins to fight against his passionate thoughts, he humiliates himself, crushes himself, struggles and through the accompanying affliction, he is gradually purified and returns to his natural condition. Thus, as we have said, if someone is distrubed by a passion, it is from ignorance and pride. The best thing a person can do is to know his own situation in humility and to have patience, praying until God shows mercy on him."

Abba Dorotheos: "Practical Teaching on the Christian Life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home