.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Executive admits Merck considered reformulating Vioxx

This article shows that Merck considered reformulating Vioxx to add an aspririn-like compound to the drug in order to better protect the heart. The revelation came during testimony by one of Merck's lead researchers.

As the article notes:

"On Monday, she discussed minutes from meetings in which top executives of the pharmaceutical company discussed reformulating Vioxx with an aspirin-like compound. The company, meanwhile, was busy touting Vioxx for its ease on the stomach. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home