.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Battlefield Band


Seeing the Battlefield Band in concert at the Mucky Duck and drinking Belhaven Scottish Ale has become something of a tradition. I was able to enjoy this winning combination again Tuesday night when the band made a stop in Houston on its current tour.

The band put on a great show featuring a number of traditional Irish and Scottish tunes as well as many original compositions. Some of the highlights included: "My Luv's Like a Red Red Rose", "Ballad of Accounting", "I'm Going to Set You Free", "Road of Tears", and "Nancy's Whiskey".

More information on their new cd can be found here and their other recordings here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home