.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kosovo

Photo Source

"We are all expecting something difficult and horrible..."
- Bishop Artemije of Raska and Prizren

Here is an article from the Wall Street Journal on Kosovo's unilateral declaration of independence.

The Serbian population of Kosovo has good reason to fear "something difficult and horrible" given the persecutions they suffered during the March 2004 pogroms at the hands of the majority Muslim population.

More information on the historic lands of Kosovo and Metohija can be found here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for the Serbian population of Kosovo. Lord, have mercy.

I recently came across your blog. I'm also a paralegal and an Orthodox Christian. My husband, son and I live in south Florida and attend Orthodox Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Miami (OCA).

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home