.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eric Taylor


Saturday night I saw Eric Taylor in concert at Anderson Fair.

Eric was performing in conjunction with a cd release of his new album Hollywood Pocketknife. This is only Eric's sixth album in 26 years!

He was joined on stage by Susan Lindfors on vocals and guitar and James Gilmer on percussion.

Eric played a great show and the new cd is one of his best recordings.

He played almost every song from the new cd as well as a number of songs from his earlier albums including: "Two Fires", "Where I Lead Me", "The Great Divide", "Whorehouse Mirrors and Pawnshop Knives", "Manhattan Mandolin Blues", "Shoes", and "Brand New Companion".

Eric's in-between-songs banter and stories are usually worth the price of admission alone. This night's performance included humorous stories involving: Guy Clark, David Olney, Townes Van Zandt, Kate Wolf, Allen Ginsberg and William Burroughs.

You can listen to more of Eric's music here.

More information on some of Eric's performances at Anderson Fair can be found in this article from the Houston Chronicle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home