.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Al Again...

I just wanted to offer a few additional thoughts on the Al Stewart concert at the Mucky Duck that Fernando reviewed in his excellent post below.

I am still pretty new to Al's music and this was the first time I had ever seen him in concert. I was very impressed with both the show and the number of dedicated and knowledgeable fans who showed up.

I also found it interesting that Al is such a fan and student of popular music. For example, he referenced the Sixties-era British band The Move a couple of times during the show and videos of them available on YouTube. Very cool stuff that I had no idea existed.

His comments on historical figures, historical writings and works of literature were interesting as well. You know it's going to be an entertaining show when the performer comments that there just aren't enough Carthaginians represented in popular music these days. : )

More information on Al Stewart and his music can be found at his website and the Al Stewart Friends Yahoo Group.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Musical Justice said...

Hey, thanks for the link to my blog at musicaljustice.com. This is my first visit here and you've got a nice site. How interesting that you would have an Al Stewart review. It's been years since I thought of him but one of the first records that I ever wore out was Al's Year of the Cat. Looks like he did a few from that one, although I would have missed "If It Doesn't Come Naturally, Leave It". Anyway, thanks again for the link & keep up the good work!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home