.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Texas Country Roads

Pic Source


Leon Hale offers some sage advice in this column from the Houston Chronicle.


Randomly driving down unmarked dirt roads in East Texas was a family pastime when I was growing up. "Red Dirt" roads were worth bonus points.

You should definitely not miss a chance to drive down some of these old dirt roads and see the bluebonnets, dogwoods and other Texas wildflowers this Spring.


Hale points out that sometimes his friends will ask:


"Yeah, but who knows where a road like that goes?"


His response is:

Then take it and find out. Go slow, roll the windows down, experience the country when it's waking up, turning green, smelling fertile. Maybe you'll get lost for an hour or so. Good. That won't hurt. Eventually you'll come out of the woods somewhere.


...and the time spent exploring the road will almost certainly be worth it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home