.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Battlefield Band


Last night (with a Belhaven Scottish Ale in hand) I saw Battlefield Band return to Houston in a standing-room only concert at the Mucky Duck.

The band put on a great show featuring a number of traditional Scottish and Irish tunes as well as several original compositions.The highlights included a setting of "To a Mouse" from the Robert Burns poem (which includes the famous line about the "best laid plans of mice and men"), "Road of Tears" the title track from their newest cd, "Take Me to the Sea", "Nancy's Whiskey", a cover of Woody Guthrie's "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos" and some amazing piping by Mike Katz.

The band also played their show-stopping rendition of Prince’s "Kiss"...complete with bagpipe solo!

More info on the band’s recordings can be found here. Mike Katz’s solo cd can be found here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home