.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Great Canon




Last night I attended the service of the Great Canon of Saint Andrew of Crete at my parish.

The Great Canon is read (in portions) throughout the first week of Great Lent and in its entirety (along with the Life of Saint Mary of Egypt) during the fifth week.

The text of the Canon can be found in the Lenten Triodion. An online version of the text (arranged for the services of the first week of Lent) can be found here.

An online version of the Life of Saint Mary of Egypt can be found here.

Some good commentary on the Great Canon can be found here.

An online version of the Life of Saint Andrew of Crete can also be found here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home