.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, May 01, 2006

Jamail Again

Professor Bainbridge has weighed in on the Jamail deposition video.

His post can be found here.

Bainbridge points out that this was not the first time that Mr. Jamail had behaved poorly during a deposition. He points to a case argued in Delaware where Jamail was criticized by the Delaware Supreme Court for being "extraordinarily rude, uncivil, and vulgar" and making inappropriate comments including:

"You can ask some questions, but get off of that. I'm tired of you. You could gag a maggot off a meat wagon."

"Come on. Quit talking. Ask the question. Nobody wants to socialize with you."

"Well, go on and shut up. ... You don't know what you're doing. Obviously someone wrote out a long outline of stuff for you to ask. You have no concept of what you're doing. Now, I've tolerated you for three hours. If you've got another question, get on with it. This is going to stop one hour from now, period. Go."

[Defense Counsel]: ... "I don't need this kind of abuse."

"Then just ask the next question. ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home