.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, April 21, 2006

From the Fathers




"Let those of us who have wisely finished the course of fasting and who celebrate with love the beginning of the suffering of the Passion of the Lord,
Let us all, my brothers, zealously imitate the purity of self-controlled Joseph;
Let us fear the sterility of the fig tree;
Let us dry up through almsgiving the sweetness of passion.

In order that we may joyously anticipate the Resurrection,
Let us procure like myrrh pardon from on high

because the Eye that never sleeps observes all things.

O Savior, consider those of us who have appeared at the season of thy passion, worthy to worship also Thy Resurrection, O Eye that does not sleep."


Saint Romanos the Melodist

h/t to Daily Wisdom of the Fathers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home