.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Scruggs Sentenced

Within the past week three prominent attorneys in the Scruggs judicial bribery scandal were sentenced to prison terms.

Richard "Dickie" Scruggs was sentenced to the maximum sentence of 5 years in prison.

His son Zachary Scruggs was sentenced to 14 months in prison.

Sidney Backstrom was sentenced to 28 months in prison.

Detailed coverage on the sentencing hearings can be found here and here.

The sentencing hearing transcripts can be found here (h/t Folo).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home