.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Replica of Ethiopian Orthodox Church at iFest

Photo Source

While looking over the iFest Houston website I came across this interesting post.

A replica of one of the stone churches of Ethiopia will be on display at the Festival.

The replica will be of the Church of St. George in Lalibela. The post mentions that the replica will be 22 feet high and and the festival goers will be able to walk inside it. The replica will also include: "Ethiopian Christian murals painted on the inside with incense burning and traditional liturgical chants playing."

Sounds pretty cool to me!

The post also correctly makes note of the fact that "...Christianity was in Africa long before colonization...". This is an important detail that should not be forgotten when considering the history of Christianity in Africa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home