.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Crawfish Festival


Last Friday night I dropped by the Texas Crawfish & Music Festival in Old Town Spring.


After a few detours while trying to find a parking space (the alternative parking advertised by the road signs is nearly impossible to find in the dark of night) I arrived at the Festival.

The main street through Old Town Spring was absolutely packed with people. It seemed like there were more people enjoying the sights outside the festival than there were inside.

Once inside the festival grounds I wandered over to the Texas stage to hear The Band of Heathens.

The guys were a few songs into their set when I arrived. The band played a number of new songs from their forthcoming cd which should be a good one.

They also played several songs from their earlier cds including: "Bumblebee", "Judas 'Scariot Blues", their version of the prison song "Ain't No More Cane", and "Blood in the Water".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home