.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day at the Duck

Photo from last year's festivities (Source)

On Monday I dropped by McGonigel's Mucky Duck to enjoy some of their St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

The festivities were a tad bit early for this Russian Orthodox admirer of St. Patrick, as I have to wait several more days for his Feast to officially fall on my Church's Calendar. : )

With the holiday occurring during Great Lent it made it difficult to refrain from all the great-smelling food, but fortunately there is a Russian tradition of allowing beer during the Fast. So I did sample some Guinness and Strongbow Cider in honor of the Feast.

Out of the many bands and performers I was able to catch some of the performances by Wyndnwyre, the O'Maoileidigh Irish Dancers, the "Celtic" Gypsies, and Clandestine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home