.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, October 29, 2007

Anderson Fair

Photo Source

Last Friday night I dropped by Anderson Fair to see Idgy Vaughn and The Hudsons in concert.

Idgy opened the show. This was her first time to perform at Anderson Fair. She was joined on stage by fellow Austinite Sarah Glynn on electric guitar. Idgy played a great set featuring several songs from her first cd including: "Good Enough", "Saint Francis Fire", "Dragging the River", "Red Bone Hound", "Mister Wrong", "Pearl of Georgia" and "Midwestern Biography" as well as a newer song "Time Bomb". I've seen Idgy play a couple of times now and she sounds better every time. I noticed that there were a number of brand new Idgy fans in the audience after she played her set.

Idgy was followed by The Hudsons in their new lineup consisting of the duo of Brian Hudson and Hudson Mueller. Phoebe Hunt, a former Hudson, is now performing with The Belleville Outfit.

The Hudsons performed a generous concert featuring numerous songs from all three of their cds as well as a few covers and newer songs. Some of the highlights included: "Dead Men Tell No Tales", "Money Goes to the Man", "Hibernation", "MC Devil's Son", "I wish I was a Hudson", "The Problem Song" and covers of songs by the Everly Brothers and Simon and Garfunkel as well as some fine examples of "folk rap" such as "Party in the Sun" and the hilarious "Where is my Wallet?" (which can be heard on the band's myspace page).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home