.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Bluegrass Solution at Anderson Fair


Saturday night I ventured over to Anderson Fair to hear some Bluegrass music courtesy of The Bluegrass Solution.

I had never heard of this group before and was not quite sure what to expect. Fortunately I was not disappointed.

The Bluegrass Solution is a great ensemble with decades of performing experience between its members. They played two very generous sets and kept on pickin' even after midnight! They also played some fine old Gospel songs for which they respectfully removed their hats.

I was glad to learn that they are a local-area band. I notice on their Schedule that they occasionally play over at Hickory Hollow...one of my favorite restaurants and one of Houston's better kept secrets.

You can sample some the the music from The Bluegrass Solution here and here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home