.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, June 11, 2007

Friday Night at the Continental

Photo from the Continental Club




Last Friday night I met some friends of mine over at the Continental Club to hear Sean Reefer and the Resin Valley Boys.



First though we all walked down to Sig's Lagoon. In my opinion Sig's is the best music store in town and a worthy successor to the now closed Cactus Records store.



Then it was back over to the Continental where Molly and the Ringwalds were just finishing up their happy hour set. The Ringwalds are an 80's cover band that always brings in a big crowd.



Next Sean and the boys took the stage. This night they were the opening act for The Flamin' Hellcats. This was the first time I had seen Sean and the Boys perform. Sean has a great Hank Williams-esque voice and style of music. The band played an entertaining and generous set featuring a number of songs from their recordings. They also offered some cover versions of some of the old standards as well as a few of Hank III's songs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home