.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, June 15, 2007

Funeral Service for Fr. Elias Wen


Photo Source

Funeral services were held recently for Fr. Elias Wen (1896-2007) at the "Joy of All Who Sorrow" Cathedral of the Theotokos in San Francisco.

Fr. Elias reposed at the age of 110 and was probably the oldest living Orthodox Priest in the world.

Fr. Elias led a remarkable life and at one time served under St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco.

Reports on the Funeral services can be found here and here.

May His Memory Be Eternal!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home