.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Putin on Athos



Photos from www.ana.gr and www.bbc.co.uk

Russian President Vladimir Putin recently made a private pilgrimage to Mount Athos in Greece. An interesting article covering his visit states that this is the first time that a Russian Head of State has visited Mount Athos. During his pilgrimage President Putin visited the Iveron Monastery and reverenced the wonderworking Iveron Icon. He also visited the Russian Monastery of St. Panteleimon.

More information on Mount Athos can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home