.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, September 05, 2005

Merck now willing to talk




As many observers expected Merck is now starting to change its tune with regard to settling some of the Vioxx lawsuits filed against it.

They are now going to consider settling cases involving persons who suffered heart attacks or strokes after taking Vioxx for more than 18 months and who did not have pre-existing risk factors for heart problems. Yet they are still denying any prospects of a global settlement.

The FDA's own scientists and studies have suggested that Vioxx may have caused up to 160,000 heart attacks and strokes and over 27,000 deaths in Americans who took the drug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home