.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, September 02, 2005

Father Seraphim Rose



Today is the 23rd anniversary of the repose of Father Seraphim Rose who was one of the founders of the St. Herman Brotherhood and Monastery in Platina, California.

Father Seraphim's writings have had a great impact on Orthodoxy in America. His works are especially popular among converts to the Orthodox faith.

Father Seraphim was himself a convert. He was raised Protestant and was an adherent of Buddhism during his college years.

A new edition of a biography of Father Seraphim is also now available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home