.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Mucky Duck



Tonight I stopped by one of my favorite local pubs, McGonigel's Mucky Duck, after a long hard day at work. This is a great pub, with a family atmosphere, and one of the best acoustic music venues in Houston. They also have one of the better selections of British ales in town. On Wednesday nights they usually have their famous "Irish Session" where local musicians get together to play some traditional Celtic music. No new-age wannabe "Celtic" music...this is the real deal. Tonight there were around 8 to 10 musicians on stage with the instrumentation ranging from penny whistles, flutes, pipes, button accordian and the Bodhran. On the Uilleann pipes was my friend Ramon. He is a great guy and is also Orthodox and attends St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church in Houston. If you ever want to hear some really funny stories and learn about the pipes then drop in some Wednesday night and buy Ramon a pint.

: )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home