.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Feast of the Dormition



Today was the Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos according to the Church Calendar. On this Feast Orthodox Christians remember the repose of the Theotokos. This event is commemorated in the Holy Land with a procession from Jerusalem to Gethsemane to the Church of the Dormition in which lies the empty tomb of the Theotokos. A sermon on the Dormition by Saint Gregory Palamas can be found here. A description of the icon of the Dormition can also be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home