.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Townes

Photo Source




“What I do is between me and the Lord, to examine and possibly alter the state of grace in which I live, and thereby the state of grace of anybody who listens.”
- Townes Van Zandt (as quoted in this excellent article)


Townes Van Zandt died on January 1st, 1997. Tonight the 12th Annual Townes Van Zandt Wake will be held at the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe in Galveston.


There is also a wonderful documentary of his life available on DVD titled: Be Here to Love Me.


Here is the trailer for the film:



Here is a tribute video with Lyle Lovett performing his version of Townes' song "Flyin' Shoes":



R.I.P. Townes...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home