.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

porterdavis


These guys
are good...real good.

I caught them in concert over at Anderson Fair last Saturday night.

You have to be impressed with any band that opens their show by pouring out a sip and offering a toast to the late great Townes Van Zandt (who used to grace the very same stage in years past).

The guys played a great concert to a very appreciative audience. They played several great songs mixing covers (including songs by Muddy Waters, Townes and Blind Boy Fuller) as well as many of their own soulful original compositions.

You can check out some of their music here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home