.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, November 02, 2007

Red Elvises

Photo Source

My favorite band!

The Red Elvises returned to Houston to perform at the Mucky Duck on Halloween night.

What a great show!

It featured the ultra-high-energy performance one would expect from this band as well as the added bonus of several audience members dressed in costume!

The only drawback was the confusion surrounding the show's start time. It seems most people thought the show was starting at 8pm but it actually did not start until 9pm. It was just as well, however, since it allowed me to hear a little of Patrice Pike's music as part of her new Wednesday night "artist-in-residence" gig at the Duck. It also gave me time to sample some of this year's vintage of Saint Arnold's Christmas ale and to visit with my friends before the show.

As for the show itself, the Red Elvises played two generous sets featuring a number of their best known songs including: "I Wanna See You Bellydance", "Closet Disco Dancer", "Gypsy Heart", "Love Rocket", "Rocketman", "Harriett", "Sad Cowboy Song", "My Love is Killing Me" and "Ticket to Japan" among many others.

I would recommend this cd for anyone contemplating buying one of their recordings.

I defy anyone to go to a Red Elvises concert and NOT have a good time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home