.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, May 25, 2007

Russian Rokenrol Revolution: The Red Elvises



ok...the Red Elvises (viewer discretion) are insane.

I saw them perform last night for the first time at the Mucky Duck.

Hands down it was the best show I have seen at the Duck so far this year.

I believe the band may have created a whole new genre...."Russiabilly" music.

They put on a wildly entertaining show that featured a number of their most popular songs including: "Love Rocket", "I Wanna See You Bellydance", "Closet Disco Dancer", "Ukrainian Dance #13", and "Juliet". "Love Rocket" and "Juliet" are classics.

You can sample some of the band's music here and here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home