.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost





Today the Orthodox Church marks the Feast of Pentecost.

On this Feast the Church is typically decorated with green branches, leaves and flowers.

The Icon of Pentecost is also typically placed in the center of the Church.

The Feast is also referred to as the Sunday of the Holy Trinity.

Another Icon that is often displayed on this Feast is the Icon of the Holy Trinity also known as the Hospitality of Abraham.

A Homily of Saint John Chrysostom on the Feast of Pentecost can be found here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home