.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Gougers

The band formerly known as the Sidehill Gougers (hereinafter referred to at this blog as The Gougers), put on a great show last night at the Mucky Duck.

The show was the kick-off to their 2007 touring schedule.

Opening for The Gougers was Greg Schroeder. Greg played a nice set of original songs as well as a great slowed-down version of Ring of Fire.

The Gougers played a great set as well that featured all the usual favorites plus a few new songs from their recently completed cd.

There was even a pleasant "fightless" version of Fort Worth Blues this time around. : )

You can sample some of The Gougers music here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home